REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS- ORASECOM (CONSULTING SERVICES)
Dec 12 2019
REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS
(Download the TORs at the bottom of this page)
ORANGE-SENQU RIVER COMMISSION (ORASECOM)
Support to the Orange-Senqu River Strategic
Action Programme Implementation
- The Orange-Senqu River Commission (ORASECOM) has secured funding from the Global Environment Fund (GEF) through the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) to implement a project which seeks to strengthen joint management capacity for the basin-wide Integrated Water Resources Management (IWRM) implementation and demonstrating environmental and socioeconomic benefits of ecosystem-based approach to water resources management through the implementation of Strategic Action Programme (SAP) priority actions in the Orange-Senqu River.
- The project is being implemented through four components and focuses on (i) Institutional and policy reform and technical capacity building towards enhancing transboundary basin planning and joint management (ii) reducing stress on Water Resources Quality (iii) addressing changes to the hydrological regime through the source-to-sea application and (iv) addressing land degradation through community-based ecosystem management.
- ORASECOM now invites eligible consultants/ consulting firms who are interested to bid for the following short-term consultancies as indicated below. Interested consultants must provide information indicating that they are qualified to perform the services (brochures, description of similar assignments, experience in similar conditions, availability of appropriate skills among staff, etc.). Consultants may constitute joint-ventures to enhance their chances of qualification.
- Consultants are being required for the following short-term consultancies;
Design and building of groundwater desalination plants in the villages of Rappelspan and Struizendam in the Kgalagadi South District in Botswana;
Baseline study on the sources of water pollution in the Mohokare River Catchment in Lesotho;
Baseline study on the distribution and abundance of alien invasive species, Prosopis, in the Orange – Senqu part of the basin in Namibia;
Baseline assessment for the Orange – Senqu River Mouth rehabilitation demonstration project in South Africa and Namibia;
Expression of Interest for the Water Resources Quality Joint Basin Survey 3 in the Orange – Senqu River Basin;
Development of an Operations (Financial Management, Procurement and Human Resources) Manual for the ORASECOM Secretariat;
United Nations Development Programme’s Social and Environmental Screening for the Orange–Senqu River Basin SAP Implementation Project for demonstration project in Botswana
United Nations Development Programme’s Social and Environmental Screening for the Orange–Senqu River Basin SAP Implementation Project for demonstration projects in Lesotho, South Africa and Namibia
5. The terms of reference for the above consultancies can be downloaded from the ORASECOM website at http://www.orasecom.org/opportunities/Procurement.aspx
- The estimated duration of the services differ, and the relevant information can be found on the Terms of Reference for the specific consultancy.
- Interested consultants may obtain further information by contacting the email or telephone/mobile numbers in the Terms of Reference during the day: 09:00 to 16:00 hours, Pretoria Local Time and before the stipulated deadline.
- Proposals and/or Expression of Interest must be received by email not later than the stipulated date in the Terms of Reference of the specific consultancy. The submission must specifically mention the title of the consultancy being applied for as captured in 4 above.
For Further information, please contact:
Mr Michael Ramaano
The Water Quality – Environment Expert
ORASECOM UNDP SAP Project
269 Von Willigh Avenue (Cnr Von Willigh and Lenchen Avenue)
Block A, Corporate 66 Office Park,
Centurion, South Africa
Telephone: +27 12 6636826
Mobile: +27 84 3051002 or +267 71891945